Every two weeks, we hold a one-hour meeting for the whole engineering team.
This is a space for us to expand beyond our typical practice area, broaden our skills, and develop a richer understanding of the work we do.
The engineering call follows an open space format.
In advance of the call, or in the first couple of minutes of the call:
- Add any/all topics you want to talk about to our Trello board
- Upvote any Trello topics that you would be interested in talking about
Topics can be anything you are interested in learning, sharing or chatting about:
- You don't need to be an expert or have anything to contribute (except questions!) to suggest a topic
- Examples of topics could range from:
- a deep dive into a specific language feature
- a discussion on a new technology
- group debugging of some gnarly bug
- exploring process improvement ideas
- or anything else!
On the call we will:
- Split into Zoom breakout rooms to discuss through each topic
- Feel free to change groups if you like: this is encouraged!
- Regroup for a few minutes at the end to catch up on any insight we want to share