Most larger projects have their own Google Calendar, which is often created by the Project Manager. This allows for easy visibility - and editing capacity - to project events for all team members.
Calendar creation tips
- Upon calendar creation, name the calendar to align with the client, unless there are concurrent projects for the client
- Edit all events on the project calendar instead of personal calendars
- Settings: Auto-accept invitations > Automatically add all invitations to this calendar
- Settings: Access permissions > Make available for CivicActions > See all event details
- Settings: Share with specific people > Invite all CivicActions project team members to the calendar
- Direct team member should be able to > Make changes to events
- Settings: Share with specific people > Invite delivery and Ops team members as appropriate to the calendar
- Indirect team members should be able to > See all event details
- It is typical that clients are invited to events on a project calendar
All Project Managers also have access to the Contractual Dates calendar, whose purpose is to highlight start and end dates for all projects.