Planning Travel/ Onsite Meetings
We sometimes meet with clients "onsite" (or in their office) to conduct discovery research, and/or provide product demos. Any time travel is involved, use the CivicActions Travel Details form template as a starting point for your planning. Please make a copy of the template before completing it. Do as much or as little planning as is appropriate for your specific project.
Onsite Planning Guidelines
- Create a Trello board for all the details: lodging, meals, transportation, prep tasks, etc. See TEMPLATE: Onsite Meeting Planning
- Create a budget and check the contract for allowed amount. Then get approval from management if out-of-pocket budget is required
TEMPLATE: Onsite Travel Estimates
- Create invites on the project calendar for the onsite meetings and included participants
- Research hotels and coordinate booking details with our lead accountant
- Remind CivicActions participants to coordinate flights with our lead accountant
- Research meal options and coordinate with our lead accountant on food orders, delivery, and reservations
- TEMPLATE: Discovery includes a backlog of potential onsite discovery activities and may be useful if your onsite meetings are discovery-related
This page was last updated on February 10, 2023.